Friday, October 28, 2011

Pony Up


Any of you have anything from Kiyonna? This Rylan Ruched Top is my first purchase from the plus sized boutique (I now also have the same top in green), and I gotta say, I'm in love. I can't think of anything better for my décolletage than the openness of a square neck and ruching across my bust. It minimizes the broadness of my shoulders and floats over all that junk in my trunk (and belly). Though the purple I received is much different than the rich plum color shown online, the color is still very saturated and just plain pretty. My primary complaint is that it's too long for my otherwise short torso; I wish it hit at my hip rather than below it, so I might consider having it shortened. Some of the online reviews have also complained that it's hard to find an appropriate bra for this top because of its deep wide cut, but my Lane Bryant Push-up Demi Bra worked perfectly.

Rylan Ruched Top - Kiyonna / Black pencil skirt - Bespoke (Simply Be)

This particular styling had been inspired by none other than the product tips (I LOVE that they even have them): "Keep it ladylike luxe by complementing Rylan with a classic black pencil skirt." I must admit that the option seemed a little plain to me at first, and I wasn't too sure of the proportions since the top is so long on me, but I gave it a whirl. The black pencil skirt is actually from the Bespoke line at Simply Be. Between its great length (26 inches!!), comfortably fitted silhouette, wide (muffin-top-proof) waistband and exposed back zipper, it really is the "perfect black pencil skirt" they claim it to be.

Handbag - Furla (renting via BBOS)

But okay, okay, enough of the reviews (which I probably should try to do more of); we all know the real prize of this outfit are these Nine West giraffe print pony hair platform heels of mine. They come out to play ever so rarely, so I thought these were just the right accessory to spruce up any suspected plainness of the outfit. I just love how shoes can do that! I kept the necklace to a single sparsely beaded chain that complements the colors of the top, went with gold all around, and simply had to continue sporting my gorgeous ostrich Furla that I'm renting. I tell ya, pairing a brown handbag with a black skirt is something I never thought I'd do, but something about it just works.

Ring - Banana Republic / Earrings - LOFT / Necklace - The Limited / Shoes - Nine West

Or maybe I just want to get the most out of my month.

6 comments:

  1. I love that shirt! The color and the shape are both really flattering, and I love the shoes as well. Great outfit! 

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Kiyonna.  In fact, I am wearing the wrap cardigan today with some skinny jeans.  http://sunshineplusstyle.wordpress.com/2011/10/28/iris-apfel-can-kiss-my-size-18-ass/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Kiyonna!!  In fact, I am wearing the wrap cardigan with some skinny jeans today.  http://sunshineplusstyle.wordpress.com/2011/10/28/iris-apfel-can-kiss-my-size-18-ass/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, no wonder you have this top in two colors, it's so awesome!!  That color is so rich and the fit does such great things for your figure (not that you need any help in that category!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ummmm yeah, this is going on my wishlist!  Beautiful, sister!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the top and shoes!!!

    www.fatandfierce.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Reading what you have to say truly makes my day!