Tuesday, October 11, 2011

For the Love of Purple


Please forgive me; I had a pretty busy day at work today and got home too late (and with no energy) to take pictures. So I bring you another outfit from the "never-got-around-to-posting" archives! You know, my original draft for this post (dating back from April) suggested that I wasn't terribly in love with this outfit at the time, but fast forward six months later I actually quite like it. Probably because it features purple and is yet another variation on cardigans paired with pencil skirts - a favorite formula of mine, without a doubt. Plus, I really like the colors in the outfit paired with the long-ago springtime foliage behind me.

Cardigan - LOFT / Purple shell - LOFT / Tweed pencil skirt - Lane Bryant / Purple skinny belt - The Limited /
Grey faux suede pumps - Apt. 9 (Kohl's)

Now that it's tweed season again, I may experiment with yet another variation. (Shocking, I know.) I would also change the styling by wearing a wider belt at the waist or wearing the skinny belt over the sweater instead. Hot damn, I just can't wait to wear all my pencil skirts again!

Ring - Banana Republic (eBayed) / Necklace - The Limited / Earrings - The Limited


1 comment:

  1. Love this! Gorgeous skirt, and that's such a great color on you :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Reading what you have to say truly makes my day!