Wednesday, December 21, 2011

A Good Year


While watching Bridget Jones's Diary before bed last night (I couldn't imagine a better way to top off my birthday, by the way), I realized that it was Bridget's 33rd birthday for which she hosts that dinner party with her friends, joined by the incomparable Mr. (Mark) Darcy, joined later by the elusive Daniel Cleaver, ending by the two basically fighting over her. She finally wins the man of her dreams not long after the new year. (Can that kiss from behind be any more goose-bump inducing?) A good year, I say...

Betsey Ruched Dress - c/o Kiyonna / Bracelet - Banana Republic /
Clutch - Lodis (eBayed) / "Linzy" Pumps - Kelsi Dagger (via Piperlime)

So far, I can't say I've had any complaints. I got to celebrate my birthday a few days early with close friends, good food, and a dance party I'll always remember. Then I got to get dolled up for dinner with Bobby at our favorite restaurant in town, where they served a menu customized just for us and just for the 1988 Château Haut-Brion Bob had received last month from his parents. (Pause for the "Holy crap!" from all the oenophiles out there.) Another good year, indeed...


And with this outfit post I get to announce a super fabulous partnership with Kiyonna as part of their Blogger Brigade! They sent me this stunning Betsey Ruched Dress especially to wear for my birthday. It's been hanging in my closet for a few weeks now, and I've been beyond excited to finally wear it. I even found (the less expensive - and available size 11 - Kelsi Dagger version of) the gorgeous grey patent platforms that they'd paired with the dress! The restaurant was rather empty last night (it was a Tuesday night, after all), but the few that were around couldn't stop talking about the dress. The "devil in the blue dress," they told me...

Ring - Banana Republic / Earrings - Anthropologie / Nails - "Designer...de Better!" (O.P.I. Muppets Collection)

Even Bobby was looking mighty fine (as he always does) in his Oxxford suit, striped french cuff shirt, and a new yellow and blue polka dot pocket square of his own choosing.

Suit - Oxxford (via Filene's Basement) / Shirt - Banana Republic / Pocket square - Loehmann's /
Watch - Seiko Chronograph (via Amazon) / Cufflinks - Zales (gifted)

You know, it was a rather low key day when I think about it, but a quiet evening over a delectable meal with my sweet boyfriend, who never fails to make me feel special, birthday or otherwise, was pretty wonderful. And the fact that I got to do it in a gorgeous dress that celebrated my curves in the best way possible made it even more amazing.


Thanks to Thad and the rest of the staff at Bacaro for helping, too!


21 comments:

  1. What a beautiful dress! Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lady, you rock a dress like a star. And the color is so festive without being blatant. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dress is stunning on you! Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The style and color of this dress is so lovely! It's been hard to find blues the past few years and I'm thrilled blue seems to be making a comeback.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT! Love that dress and your hair looks beautiful!

    Katie
    Hemsforher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That dress looks like it was made for you!  Beautiful color too!
    - Justine
    luckeysgoods.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful!  I'm surprised you're not wearing a necklace though!  I'm always inspired by your choices in accessories :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You looks gaw-geous in this dress! Glad your birthday was marvelous :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. you know, i purposefully didn't wear a necklace cuz i wanted to keep the neckline open. and i'm wearing statement earrings, so i didn't want a necklace to compete. but thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. blue is definitely a great color. thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. thank you so much! i thought about getting the red, but i'm glad i went with this one instead!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jessica, this dress looks incredible on you!  Thank you to Kiyonna for featuring you because you are the newest addition to my RSS feed!  I love what you put together and you are so inspiring.

    What a wonderful birthday and here's to a new year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jessica, this is a wonderful dress  an you wear it with style.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amber @stylepluscurvesJanuary 14, 2012 at 12:42 PM

    You look beyond stunning!!! Happy Birthday!!!! 

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Reading what you have to say truly makes my day!