Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Exclamation Necklace


I'm pretty sure I planned this outfit around this utterly gorgeous necklace. And the fact that I wanted to look fabulous for the last day of Nutcracker merriment, of course. Neither teal nor peach might be the first colors that jump to mind during the holiday season, but I loved how the the pretty peach tones of the necklace looked against the cool hue of the dress. Teal is so my color anyway, and the fit of the dress is pretty great too. Not a bad canvas, I say.

Dress - Ann Taylor / Belt - Banana Republic / Mocha tights - We Love Colors /
 Brown buckle pumps - Christian Siriano for Payless

Thanks to a run in my favorite Spanx sheers, I decided to go with tights for the ol' gams. Since I loved the unexpected combination of teal and brown the last time I wore this dress, I went with mocha tights and darker brown heels to create a nice tonal effect. A wide belt in a tan snakeskin helped define my waist and balance out the colors, but I wonder if I could have benefited from a more streamlined look without it. Next time, I guess. Besides, it was all about the necklace anyway, remember?

Necklace - Anthropologie / Ring & earrings - Banana Republic 
Handbag - Steve Madden


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! Reading what you have to say truly makes my day!