Thursday, December 1, 2011

Curses


A couple things to note here:
  1. I've decorated for Christmas! Yahoo! Please don't judge me for putting up colored lights. =) I always have - I just love all that color!
  2. These pictures were not taken with my usual camera...cuz I broke it. I knocked over my tripod just as I was about to start my daily photo session last night - like, literally as I was moving into place. The camera, while open, landed on the lens side, which pretty badly busted the lens cover and likely the mechanisms inside. After having a few people look at it, it seems it will cost more to fix than it will to buy a new one, and, thanks to all that holiday shopping I've knocked out of the park, I really don't have the money right now. My old camera is such crap, too, so that's not an option. Thank goodness for Bob's iPhone - the pics are better, but not yet ideal either. (I think that's just a learning curve, though.) So, bear with me as we get into a new groove with the new equipment and lighting situation.

Fur Collar Surplus Jacket - Urban Outfitters / Red Stripe Top - Urban Outfitters  /
Cream tank - Anthropologie / Dark skinnies - Gap / Boots - Ciao Bella (via DSW)

With those points out of the way, welcome to my week of Nutcracker Madness! While performances don't begin until Friday, I can already feel the crazy in my bones. As a result, I'm dressing as comfortably and easily as long I can. I wore a close variation of this outfit many moons ago, the main difference being that I'm wearing skinnies and boots rather than my regular flared jeans. (And CRAP! I wore that the day I first starting using my camera!! Gah! This is a cursed outfit!! ...  Ahem.)  I'd been wanting to wear the combination on top with skinnies for a while anyway, so I'm glad (?) I finally did. Warm, fuzzy, fur collars are just the thing to get a girl through a crappy, cloudy, windy, rainy, cold November bummer of a day.

Handbag - Steve Madden

And Christmas lights. And my first viewing of The Holiday this season. And long, rambling, drunken chats with Bob over wine and pasta at the dinner table. And the first day of December. Yes, yes - these are all lovely things.

Ring - Ruche / Necklace - The Limited / Earrings - Maurices

Thanks, Bobby, for taking my pictures again. I know neither us loves that you have to do it, but I'm ever so grateful that you can and are. =)

1 comment:

  1. I love colored lights as well, but my husband likes the white lights. So we always use the white lights.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Reading what you have to say truly makes my day!