Monday, December 12, 2011

Christmas Green


Since I got decked out in Christmas red last week, I couldn't let Christmas green feel left out. This great forest green sweater, complete with lovely button details on the neck and cuffs, has languished in the my closet far too long anyway. For some reason, I only wore it with jeans; I'd never thought to wear it with a pencil skirt! I find this completely shocking... Maybe it's time for me to start a pencil skirt challenge, something like "365 Days of Pencil Skirts." I'd wear nothing but one of my many and pair it with something new every day. No repeats. Hmm...2012 resolution? I mean, I practically wear pencil skirts at least half of the year already...

Sweater - Banana Republic (Fall '09) / Pencil skirt - Simply Be / Grey pumps - Apt. 9 (Kohl's)

But seriously, this is a perfect Christmas green. I have lots of grass or kelly green sweaters and tops in my closet, which I did toy with wearing as well, but the deeper cozy hue of this one hits the spot. Belting it helps keep my proportions in check, and the heathered grey skirt makes an unexpected but happy pairing. The tonal snakeskin skinny belt creates even more wonderful texture, and a deep green ring and filigree earrings bring it all together.

Snakeskin belt - The Limited / Ring - H&M / Earrings - Maurices (?) /
Nail polish - "Designer...de Better!" (O.P.I. Muppets Collection)

Truthfully, I was kind of bored with the outfit before stumbling upon all the accessories. It never fails to surprise me what accessories can do for an outfit.

Handbag - Furla (via Filene's Basement)



P.S. Be sure to enter my Shabby Apple Necklace Giveaway!





2 comments:

  1. Just discovered your blog, and I love it! Thanks for reminding woman that curves are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Reading what you have to say truly makes my day!