Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Holiday Attire Sneak Peak

Oooooh weee! I'm so excited for all the festivities this month! Between my birthday next week, Christmas, and New Year's (also my anniversary with Bobby), I have so many occasions to get all dolled up. While this can often be more stressful than not (I distinctly remember having a helluva time getting dressed for New Year's last year), I'm ecstatic that I've not only found outfits for all of these events, but I look and feel fabulous in them! So here's a sneak peak.

Thanks to a thrilling new partnership with Kiyonna, I'll be decked out in the Betsey Ruched Dress (in teal) for my birthday next week! I really liked the bluish-grey patent platforms that the model is wearing, so I searched high and low for something similar. I think I found them! A shoe-loving girl can always count on Zappos or Endless, can't she? I snagged these earrings from Anthropologie with my 50% off sweater over the weekend. Ironically, the sweater is going back, but I think the earrings are absolutely beautiful and make a great match for the dress. Now if only I had her hair...

Betsey Ruched Dress - Kiyonna / Clara Chandelier Earrings - Anthropologie /
Grey patent Pumps - Type Z "Clara" (via Zappos)

For New Year's, a little sparkle is always a good thing, if not practically required. I bought this fabulous lurex stripe pencil skirt from ASOS on Black Friday (my first purchase from them, actually) and instantly knew it would be perfect for the holiday. But what to wear on top? I've been keeping my eye out for options as I've been Christmas shopping, and luck would have it that I stumbled upon this gorgeous stretch satin boatneck top from Banana Republic on Sunday. Plain though it may seem from the front, the back is the real show-stopper. I tried the whole ensemble as soon as I had returned home and it.is.PERFECT. I'll be wearing a wide black belt to marry the two pieces, sultry black suede heels, and possibly back-seamed tights to top it all off. Elegant, festive, divine!

Draped low-back top - Banana Republic / Pencil skirt in stripe lurex - ASOS CURVE
Seriously, I can't WAIT to get dressed for these events! And share them with you, of course. =)

And speaking of sparkle, check back later for my EBEW "Sequins & Sparkles" outfit!

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, can't wait to see you in this dress.  It's GORGEOUS!!  How fun to have so many reasons to dress up!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Reading what you have to say truly makes my day!