Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Sequins & Sparkles


First of all, I'm really sorry for the picture quality. Not only am I still waiting for a new camera, Bob is also out of town on business, and therefore so is his iPhone (with which we've been taking pictures in the interim). So it's back to my crappy Nikon Coolpix for today - I simply had to participate in today's EBEW "Sequins and Sparkles" challenge!

Sequins + Sparkles | Everybody, Everywhere

Cardi - LOFT / Sequin tank - LOFT / Pencil skirt - Lane Bryant /
Tights - Simply Vera (Kohl's) / Sandals - Banana Republic

Thought I don't own too much sparkle, when the challenge was announced I knew this sequined delight would be the top I would wear. It fits so nice and is just the prettiest winter white/cream color that makes it perfect around the holiday season. (I did, in fact, toy with wearing it with my new ASOS lurex stripe skirt for New Year's.) I love the raw edge of the always-flattering scoop neckline, too. In keeping with my near-obsession for all combinations of cream and grey, I went for a grey ponte pencil skirt and grey herringbone tights, a cream cardi in a slightly lighter color (I love the tonal variation of the two together), and {gasp} open toed camel sandals. I don't always love the look of tights + sandals on me, but I really like it here. Ties everything together.


Believe it or not (and I sure didn't), I hadn't yet worn the pencil skirt. I've worn the olive and black versions a few times now, but when I went to pull this one out of the closet, it still had the tags on. Craziness! I just love these skirts though. The wide waistband makes tucking in shirts actually possible and the material is so forgiving that I don't have to worry about much else.

Leather Ostrich Embossed Metal Bar Clutch - ASOS

Like my new clutch? I sure do! Bobby bought it for me as an early birthday present. =) I'd been looking for the perfect caramelly envelope clutch for months, and then I found this one also at ASOS, priced so right and ostrich-embossed! (You're rockin' my world, ASOS!) Of all the textures of leather, ostrich is unquestionably my favorite. Good job, Bobby. =)

Ring - Banana Republic / Earrings - Anthropolgoie


Hey, have you entered my Shabby Apple Necklace Giveaway yet? =)





7 comments:

  1. Love that top! The colors are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look beautiful! I love the mix of colors here.

    And that clutch is gorgeous! What an awesome gift!

    - Justine
    luckeysgoods.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sequin tank is fabulous and I love the cream & gray you've got going on!

    I love sequins a little too much, and there are days I think I may need a sequintervention. Sometimes I wear mega-sequins at work and I think, "is this too much for work?", and then I wear it anyway. :)

    Chrysta

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa, hope I am also living in US so that I could join on your giveaway. btw, love the top, as well as the skirt and shoes. So flattering. Your hair is also beautiful. :)

    Cheers,
    Cathy@lab coat

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a really great outfit and it really suits you! I think you could switch the cardigan for a neck-scarf for another chic look! Overall, these pieces look really versatile! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. sequintervention! hahaha!!! i don't always do a lot of sparkle myself - I guess i play more with accessories than i do with embellishment. so it was was fun to play a bit in this challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Reading what you have to say truly makes my day!