Thursday, October 27, 2011

Smitten Kitten


I continue to be smitten with the combination of blue and olive. In this case it's more purple/periwinkle, but I think that makes me love it all the more. The cardigan (last worn here) is just a shade or two lighter than the shell (last worn here; can I just say I'm so glad my photog skillz have improved?), creating a tonal effect that makes for such a visually appealing color story. It's such a nice pairing that I have to wonder why I've never worn them together before now - perhaps because I've never any good options for the bottom half! Well, thanks to the wide waistband on the skirt, tucking in the shell gave me quite a lovely silhouette and helped balance the colors and line overall.

Cardigan - Banana Republic / Shell - LOFT / Ponte pencil skirt - Lane Bryant / Sandals - Nine West

I struggled with the jewelry today, though. I knew I wanted a statement necklace that complemented the color palette and that extended past the neckline of the top, but none of my necklaces seemed to fit that description. This one came the closest to the palette, but it still sat too high on my neckline. Enter necklace extension. DUH. I'm not quite sure why it took me so long to figure that one out.


We're still celebrating sunny skies and temps in the 70s, but the weatherman taunts us with cold and gloomy skies over the next few days. All that means to me is that I gotta get my sandal-loving, bare-leg-showing fix as much as I can. Boot season is just around the corner. Maybe for real, this time.

Handbag - Furla (renting from BBOS)
A cool shot of me trying to catch the camera before a forceful gust toppled it over. My waist looks so SLIM!! =)) 
Ring - Lane Bryant /Necklace - LOFT / Earrings - Maurices



1 comment:

Thank you so much for commenting! Reading what you have to say truly makes my day!