Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Visions and Revisions


I don't really thrift much - I just don't have the patience for it. But once in a while I give it a shot and I happen upon a few gems. This brown houndstooth skirt, a Banana Republic skirt from back in the day when they made longer hemlines (Fall '06, to be exact), found its way to me from my local consignment shop. Seeing as all my favorite pencil skirts are from that time and place but no longer fit, I was pretty ecstatic to be able to thrift one in my current size.

Cardigan - Banana Republic / Tank - Anthropologie / Houndstooth pencil skirt - Banana Republic (thrifted)

This outfit did go through a few revisions today, though. At first I had on a purple/green/brown/grey printed top in a funky butterfly cut, but after seeing the first round of pictures, I realized how horribly unflattering it was on me. I loved the concept of the top, and the pattern mixing that resulted, but just not on me. I felt as grateful as Cher in Clueless for taking photographs of outfits. So I ran inside, quickly thumbed through my closet for a colorful top (wanting to stick with my fabulous new-to-me skirt on bottom) and settled on this (also new) cardigan. Its bright berry color was just what my fall-loving heart was after.

Handbag - Furla (via Filene's Basement)

I felt super vampy in this outfit, but that's what an animal print skinny belt, cardigan, pencil skirt and round-toe pumps will do to a curvy girl, eh? Move over, Joan.

Ring - Ruche / Necklace & Earrings - Banana Republic / Belt - The Limited /
 Brown buckle pumps - Christian Siriano for Payless


P.S. For all you literary lovers out there, my title for today's post comes out of probably my favorite poem of all time, "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock" by T.S. Eliot.

4 comments:

  1. ow ow! You look fantastic in this outfit!!! It fits you like a glove!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a 100% fabulous outfit.  Great skirt.  I am so happy that longer skirt hemlines are back.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Reading what you have to say truly makes my day!