I had such a lovely afternoon yesterday. I spent the morning reading blogs and online shopping in my pajamas, then I managed to get dressed and took a leisurely bike ride downtown to grab a latte and some lunch. It's been unseasonally warm these days, so I had to revert to summer dressing tactics. Cuffed skinnies were going to be the anchor of the outfit, as would be one of my new screen tees. Given what a great day I was having, I thought the message of "Life Love Life" was appropriate, too. =) I didn't want to just wear the tee on its own, however (zzzzzz), so I layered it with this thin short-sleeved open cardigan.
|"Live Love Life" tee - Old Navy / Open cardigan - Maurices / Dark skinnies - Gap /|
Necklace - Gifted / Sandals - Nine West
Turquoise jewerly looks so great against brown that was an easy choice for a little more color, and my comfy new sandals were the final touch. It was a little odd biking in these high wedges, but I managed. =)
|Ring - Banana Republic / Earrings - Maurices|
While downtown, I decided to pop into our local Ten Thousand Villages, a shop I love to visit for beautiful, unique and - best of all - fair trade jewelry. (They have loads of other items too, but I'm sucker for their jewelry.) I've found some really great pieces over the years, and I decided I would shop specifically for - get ready for it - a giveaway for you lovely readers! Let's call it a belated blogiversary giveaway, shall we? (I started blogging a year ago September 14th!) Even better, I picked up not one, but two unique pieces, so they'll be a second giveaway tomorrow!
The first prize is this gorgeous "Treasure Trove Necklace" made from golden "coins" and handcrafted in India.
I love the multiple stamped metal discs, the way it fills the neckline, and the mellow musical sound it makes when you move. In a brassy gold hue, it's a great neutral necklace that can punch up any outfit, whether casual or dressy.
Here we go! The mandatory entry requirement is as follows:
- Be a follower of Surely Sonsy and leave a comment indicating how you follow (GFC username/email address, Bloglovin', Google Reader, etc.).
- Tell me how you would style the necklace in your comment!
For extra entries, please leave a separate comment for each of the following (1 extra entry each):
- Like Surely Sonsy on Facebook and leave a comment with your FB address. (You can email it to me if you don't want to leave it here.)
- Follow @shessica17 on twitter and TWEET about the giveaway. Be sure to include your twitter name in your comment!
- Blog about the giveaway OR post about it on Facebook with a link back to this post! Be sure to include the link to your post in your comment!