Wednesday, October 12, 2011

For the Birds


I gotta say, Ruche is quickly becoming one of my go-to places for online browsing. Not only am I now addicted to their jewelry, and especially their rings, but I continue to find a few pretty fantastic clothing items as well. I fall into their curvy plus sizing for sure, and though their selection is considerably smaller and less diverse than the straight sizing, it's still definitely worth checking out.

Top - Ruche / Grey pencil skirt - NY&Co. / Nude pumps - Nine West

This top, the Cape Mead Top, is one such gem, and so "me." For some reason, whenever I look at these pictures, I keep thinking the print depicts birds in flight, but it's actually an abstract floral/leaf/vine print. I love its shades of blue (a color that always looks fabulous on me), its elasticized waist band, its bateau neckline and its kimono-like elbow-length sleeves. Often kimono sleeves look off-balance on me, but these have just the right proportion. It's also a perfect length that hits me just below the hips with the right amount of flare. Really, I think the top was made just for me.

Handbag - Furla (via Filene's Basement)

I'm looking forward to wearing the top with everything from skinnes to more pencil skirts (thinking about a blue pinstripe or yesterday's grey tweed for next time), to olive jackets and yellow cardigans.

Ring - Ruche / Necklace - Urban Outfitters / Earrings - The Limited

If you haven't already, be sure to check out my two blogiversary giveaways for a fantastic necklace and a unique earrings/bangle combo!

4 comments:

  1. I love this outfit, so chic!Your jewelry is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! You look so great head to toe, especially your hair! I love that top (I thought it was bird print too), I thought it was anthro for sure, great find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you!! the top does look anthro-y, doesn't it... much cheaper tho!! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks! i love a statement necklace, for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Reading what you have to say truly makes my day!