Friday, October 21, 2011

Cafe au Lait


I sure have been wearing a lot of this cream and grey (and animal print) business lately. What can I say? I'm a fan! But what really inspired this look was the complete outfit image from Banana Republic's (now almost completely sold out) The Mad Men® Collection. Cafe au lait leopard print, cigarette pant, bow-tie blouse. Yes. I tend to think that the look is more for the body of Betty than Joan, but I still love it. I don't have a black tie blouse, so I just wore a blank tank, but I think imma need one. And in lieu of the ever tricky ankle pant, I opted for my ever faithful pencil skirt. Might still try to get my hands on some grey ankle pants, though.

Leopard print cardigan - Banana Republic / Black tank - NY&Co. / Grey pencil skirt - NY&Co. /
Handbag - Furla (via Filene's Basement)

I guess I don't have much more to say than that! Cardigan and pencil skirt - a tried and true combination for this curvy girl; leopard print - a lovely "neutral" print that I'm not likely to get tired of soon; Mad Men - will season 5 ever get here??

Ring - Ruche / Necklace - Banana Republic (eBayed) / Heels - Nine West /
Nails - "Frankly, I Don't Give A-Dam" (Sephora by O.P.I.)


4 comments:

  1. Looking fabulous in this combination as usual! I do love the cropped length of that cardi as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I bought a pencil skirt this weekend because you always look so lovely in them.  I'm slightly terrified, but I sent dressing room photos to a friend and she encouraged me to get it. It was comfy and cheap. Two factors I thought were good for a fashion experiment. http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=55402&vid=1&pid=886044&scid=886044012

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love that skirt! and i can see wearing it with a whole host of colors. you'l rock it, i know it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. confession: i didn't really notice it was cropped until you said so, but it sure is! i guess i just have such a short torso.... yep, let's go with that...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Reading what you have to say truly makes my day!