Monday, February 13, 2012

A Bright Future


I blame Sal from Already Pretty and one of her Insomniac Sale Picks posts for making me think I needed a bright-colored blazer. And then I blame this pin for showing me an excellent way to wear it. And then I blame Gap for offering 40% of any full-priced item. Clearly, I did not act of my own accord in this situation.

Bright ponte blazer - Gap / Striped top - Gap /  Black pants - NY&Co. /
Belt - The Limited / Handbag -  Furla (via Filene's Basement)

I wasn't sure if I was going to keep it - hot pink is not in my usual wardrobe vocabulary. And as trendy as neon colors seem to be for spring, I'm not usually one to follow trends just for the sake of following a trend, either. But then I got a ton of compliments on the blazer, and it fits very well and is pretty darn comfortable. (Ponte, duh.) So, crap, now I might have to keep it.

Necklace - Banana Republic (eBayed) / Earrings - The Limited / Ring - H&M

So tell me how else I can wear it, k?

9 comments:

  1. We're Gap pink blazer twins today!  I snagged mine last month with my 25% off birthday coupon...  So glad I did because they're hard to track down now.  I thought it was the perfect jacket for a snowy Valentine's Day Eve 12 hour work day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it doesn't seem like your regular style... i like  your retro-glam outfits...

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha! yeah, this one was the lone one left in the store. they were sold out for a long time online, but now i see it's popped back up again. get it while you can, i guess! i'm just glad i was able to get it at 40% off!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i hear you. pants in general aren't something i love wearing... i guess i wanted to try branching out! 

    ReplyDelete
  5. Still a nice outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this is a great combination of color and pattern, but I also know how weird it feels to wear pants. I always feel under dressed in pants!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I gotta say, I LOVE this!  As far as how else to wear the blazer...I'm stumped.  I can't wait to see how you wear it again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute, I have been thinking of getting that blazer myself.  Since it's ponte, I would think it would work really well with a belt and with a floaty or pencil skirt too, could really fit with your personal style (though this outfit is lovely - I could totally see myself in it!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got this one for $34 and then the green one for $12!! You made my SPRING!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Reading what you have to say truly makes my day!