Friday, November 29, 2013

Red Friday

Happy Thanksgiving AND Happy Hanukkah, everyone! I hope you all are happily recovering from your feasts and/or getting the deals of your lives out in the mad Black Friday world! We're actually celebrating our family thanksgiving this weekend, and I'm ever-so-looking-forward to all the (real) cranberry sauce I can eat.


Prep will begin a little later this evening, but I've just returned from braving some Black Friday craziness myself. (And by "braving" I mean one store and by "craziness" I mean TJ Maxx. Black Friday's not really my thing, folks.) What does one wear to navigate the, er, masses? Flat boots, of course, and a little frenchie Breton stripes with a perfect red pencil. And a warm, warm scarf. Cuz it's cold out there, my friends.

Striped top - Banana Republic / Curvy Pencil Skirt in Romancing Red - c/o Kiyonna /
Handbag - Steve Madden via TJ Maxx / Boots - Ciao Bella via DSW

It occurred to me recently that I still, after all these years, did not have my perfect red pencil skirt, yet. I have one in nearly every other color, but not red. What was the world coming to?? My love of Kiyonna's perfect pink pencil (the Curvy Pencil Skirt) that I received a few months ago made me realize that their red version just may finally fulfill my every red pencil skirt desire. And it does, my friends. It does.


At the risk of being repetitive, I'll once again hail its length, stretch, and shape. A pencil skirt trifecta! Most importantly, its hue is the perfect shade of cherry red, and there isn't a better complement to navy stripes and tall boots. C'est magnifique!

Scarf - Gap / Ring - Ruche / Earrings - The Limited /
Nails - Essie "Midnight Cami" (via Ulta) with Essie "Matte About You" Top Coat

But let us not forget the scarf, my friends. A scarf that, without it, I sure as hell would not have braved the temperatures for outdoor pictures.



7 comments:

  1. the perfect black friday outfit ~ just right! happy thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I LOVE this!! I have everything to copy this except the Breton striped top... must get a similar top to recreate it!! So clean lined and classy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything about this outfit! I love the fit and color of that skirt on you; super cute. So glad I found your blog, it's adorable!
    -Becca
    www.whyshesings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. We need more, more, more! Update time❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miss you SO much on here.....want to know what you are up to! How goes the wedding planning? The job? And most of all the fashion.....PLEASE come back....pretty please!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, you have a lovely blog, nice outfit, its stylish and casual. i have followed on bloglovin and added you to google plus, please follow back and share the love
    http://jenniquecreatives.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Reading what you have to say truly makes my day!