Monday, November 4, 2013

Galaxies Away

So in efforts to clean out my picture albums and to get on a more regular blogging schedule, I'm pulling out a few unblogged outfits from the summer that I simply have to post. It's so odd to see the freshly clipped bright green grass rather than the piles of golden leaves everywhere, but it's actually a nice reminder of the joys of changing seasons!


This outfit was fondly worn for a weekend outing to our favorite downtown bars during a wonderful summer visit with my sister and brother-in-law. I love when they come to visit - I wish they did more often! - but it's a great way to rejuvenate our love for our town by experiencing their own enjoyment of it!

Wrap Top in Galaxy Print - ASOS (via Gwynnie Bee) / Ankle pants - Lane Bryant /
Instant Sleeves in Black - LucieLu / Sandals - Nine West

The top is, you guessed it, another rental from Gwynnie Bee. Yet again, it's definitely a top that I would never have purchased for myself, especially considering its potential cray-cray involving an exaggerated shape at the hip. But it is exactly its silhouette that makes it so unique and worth trying, and it just so happens that the same hip exaggeration makes a perfect balance for skinny ankle pants and killer heels. The print itself is fabulous too, and it was lots of fun pulling out various colors from it - coral, cornflower blue, purple - some of my favorite hues, to be sure.

Ring - The Limited (old) / Necklace - Banana Republic (old) / Earrings - Lane Bryant (old) /
Clutch - Lane Bryant (old) / Nails - Suzi Says Feng Shui by OPI (via Ulta)

Bottom line, it was kind of perfect night-out ensemble - attention-getting, comfortable, and just plain fun. Much like the margaritas and fabulous company. =)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! Reading what you have to say truly makes my day!