Thursday, March 3, 2011

Bottoms Up


Today's outfit was literally built from the bottom up - these shoes simply HAD to be worn today! It's true, ever since I got a pedicure last week, I've been hankering to wear open-toed shoes as much as possible. And I just couldn't let these fabulous (and new) yellow beauties languish in my closet any longer!

Yellow snake-print open-toed pumps - Nine West (eBayed)/ Pedi - O.P.I. "Russian Navy"

The outfit, too, is a casual remix of this outfit, one of my all-time favorites. My perfect pair of jeans were the really the first building block for the outfit (it was another wonderfully low-key day), but the mustard shoes completely inspired this particular remix, allowing me to play with a similar color palette by swapping out the cardigan in the original for the shoes. The printed tank is the anchor of the two outfits, of course, and I'm glad to find other ways to wear it. It's on the longer side, too, which does make it somewhat difficult to wear. I thought of pairing it my cropped purple jacket as I did here, but I didn't like the proportions for exactly that reason. Instead, I pulled out the rather vivid cobalt blue in the print with this open cardigan of mine (last worn unconvincingly here). I went back and forth between belting it like a wrap or leaving it open and flowy, belting just the tank underneath the cardigan, but after taking a few pictures both ways (the other version can be seen here), I decided that wearing it this way gave me the best shape and was the most visually appealing, especially with all the layers that the cardigan has.

Blue open cardigan - Willie Smith (TJ Maxx) / Found Foliates Tank - Anthropologie / Flare-leg denim - Lane Bryant /
Purple skinny belt - The Limited

Not surprisingly, this outfit is now also one of my favorites. =)

Handbag - Steve Madden (via Endless.com)
Ring - Banana Republic / Necklace - LOFT / Earrings - Ten Thousand Villages


7 comments:

  1. I really do enjoy your style immensly Jessica - you inspire me.

    Loving the shoes on the previous outfit as well ... any chance you'd take a more detailed picture? lol - I really love to see peoples shoes.

    I'm booked for a pedi and mani next week and am so excited - it's been ages since I've had a pedi and have been saying I need to have one for months one.

    Hope your weekend is stunning

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love love!! This is one of my favorite color palettes...blue yellow and grey are just gorgeous together. And I love the proportions - the way you tied up that waterfall cardigan is genius and so flattering on your shape. And you know how i feel about yellow shoes - You're adorable, jess!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look amazing, Jessica! I love how you belted the top so its flowiness didn't get in the way of showing off that awesome bod!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't blame you for wanting to wear those pumps - they're gorgeous. I love how you picked up the yellow from the shoes with the necklace, but not in a way that was matchy-matchy. Very nice.

    Gracey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great shoes, great bag, great outfit!

    Ashley @ http://truefashionconfession.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you so much, wendy! that's so sweet of you to say... and I'll definitely try to take more shoe-close-ups from now on!

    i love getting mani/pedis - such a nice (and relatively inexpensive) luxury that allows some much needed me-time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. BombshellbeautyblogMarch 7, 2011 at 8:56 AM

    I love everything about this outfit- the way the blue cardi is draping over the longer tank? So flattering. And Russian Navy is my favorite polish. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Reading what you have to say truly makes my day!