Sunday, March 13, 2011

Wanna-Be

I really like this color palette. Kelly green, grey and golds/tans aren't a usual combination, perhaps, but I'm a fan of doing out-of-the box things with shades of brown and grey. The combination in this outfit made it a more visually appealing one, too, methinks.

Green top - Banana Republic / Pencil skirt - New York & Co. / Belt - Banana Republic /
Grey faux-suede pumps - Apt. 9 (Kohl's)

I'm also getting on the wanna-be Irish in me, it seems... Or doing another impersonation of Mad Men's Joan (said Bob).

Handbag - Steve Madden

The top is a tricky one, or maybe it's my body shape that makes it tricky...I dunno. It's loose and flowy in the bust and waist, but then is very snug at the hips. Come to think of it, it's a Banana Republic top, and nearly everything in that store has been fitting that way lately... So to help solve the fit issue (or at least give the appearance of solving it), I belted it, choosing this color for the reasons I mentioned above. It might have caused odd bunching issues in the back, but you don't have to see that, so there.

Ring - Banana Republic / Necklace - Lane Bryant Outlet / Earrings - Maurices


8 comments:

  1. That top is drop dead gorgeous. Especially with your coloring. And the jewelry is really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica your body is tdf! Ugh you were everything so well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The way you styled this is absolutely PERFECT! You look so incredible in this outfit. That skirt is amazing, the belt is fabulous and you really look awesome.

    Come take a look inside A Working Mom's Closet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much, Alyssa! That is soooooooo sweet of you to say!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great belt - and I love how the shades of the top and skirt work together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great belt - and I love how the shades of the top and skirt work together!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Reading what you have to say truly makes my day!