Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Not Without a Fight

Whoa. Longest day ever. I think I jinxed it yesterday when I was all too eagerly celebrating being so close to break. Not without a fight, apparently. In fact, I'm still at work as I write this (at 10:30pm). My brain is fried from working on the staff schedule all day, not to mention the somewhat stressful performances we had this evening, so I figured some mindless blogging would help me push through a little longer. (Bob is also working the performances tonight; he's not yet done and he's my ride home...) And at this rate, I wouldn't have been likely to get in a post tonight otherwise!

Military jacket - LOFT / Sweater - Lane Bryant / Pants - New York & Co. / Cut-out wedges - LOFT

I was looking through the past month of my outfits last night and I was struck by how bloody often I wore a pencil skirt - like every other day! There's no shame in the fact that I love wearing them and how I look in them, of course, but I figured I could break out of that routine just a bit. As a result, I decided to go a little bit more casual tonight than I might have otherwise.

Handbag - Tano "Minilisa" in Blue Marine / Belt - The Limited

Mainly inspired by the combination of olive and burgundy again, I put together one of my (three, believe it or not) military jackets with this ruffly-topped sweater, one I think I'd worn only once quite some time ago. It was good to find a new way to wear the top, and I especially like how the ruffles at the collar create such great texture at the neckline. I only wish I had a fun animal print belt in a more substantial width than the one I wore, and I think my hemline could be just a wee shorter (or my shoes taller).

Ring - Banana Republic (eBayed) / Earrings - New York & Co.

Oh well. At this point, I hardly care what I put on my body; just get me to the end of this week! Shoot, just let me go to bed, for that matter...

2 comments:

  1. I like the colour contrast between your top and jacket. I think you totally rock the pencil skirts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am amazed by your fashion statement.. I loved your black pant.. You are wearing the formal dress but still you are looking so gorgeous and stunning.. Keep sharing your awesome posts with us.. 

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Reading what you have to say truly makes my day!