Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Zip Her

White cropped jacket - Maurices / Green empire waist lattice neck top - Maurices /
Grey ponte pencil skirt - Chloe Dao (eBayed)

Springtime is in the air, folks. Or at least that's what I keep telling myself - by means of a grassy green top, short sleeves, a trench coat, and going without tights. My (unshaven) knees got a bit chilly today, I must admit... But if it's sunny out these days, I basically have to fight the urge to wear sandals!

Handbag - Tano "Boogie Bucket" in Grape / Belt - Old Navy / Boots - Ciao Bella (via DSW)

I pretty much love this skirt though. I had been looking for a casual grey pencil skirt (you know me and a pencil skirt) and I was gravitating towards a ponte knit. Wouldn't it figure that I saw a full stock of them a few months ago at a Lane Bryant Outlet, but I wasn't in the market for one at the time. And now? Nothing. Anywhere. So I resorted to eBay, and I found this interesting number with a full exposed zip in the back! I hesitated at first - I prefer basics, really - but then I decided to dive right in. I'm glad I did - it's so darn unexpected and unique! The zipper can get just a bit cold on the behind, is all...

Also a good side view of my oft-remarked (and totally bump-it-less) poof and my awesome new highlights

In other news, we're apartment hunting. Since we're a one-car household, we want to move closer to campus (where I work) so I can more easily bike/walk/bus. We also want to downsize a bit and decrease living expenses. I've gotten a few leads, but I'm really not looking forward to the whole process. I actually used to enjoy it all (I once kept an annotated and hyperlinked spreadsheet of 50+ possible locations and would plot floor plans on graph paper...) but now it's just stressful, time consuming, and full of dead ends. Maybe I'm too picky, I dunno. Alls I know is I want the perfect place, with ample storage, clean walls and carpets, good light, a spacious floorplan, a reputable landlord, and a decent neighborhood to fall right into my lap. Is that too much to ask (in a campus town)?!? Yeah, I thought so too... Blurg. Wish me luck!

Ring - Banana Republic / Earrings - LOFT


10 comments:

  1. I really like the lattice work on that top. And that skirt is fantastic. There's nothing like a ponte knit pencil skirt -- I was wearing one from NY & Co. today. So comfortable but professional.

    Good luck on the apartment hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll find the right place, I just know it! It's important to be happy with your home.

    That skirt is really pretty fantastic! The green top is a great color on you and the jacket is so fun. You look great!

    Come take a look inside A Working Mom's Closet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie at Interrobangs Anonymous posted a link to your blog and I had to come over and take a look. I'm so glad I did. This is such a fun, spring-y outfit. I love the color and the detail on that blouse.

    Gracey

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look gorgeous! I am obsessed with that skirt.

    Ramblings of a Small Town Girl

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found your blog from Katie at Interrobangs, and I love your style! This is such a great, chic look -- I love the mixed textures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog is amazing! I like how you belted your jacket. I probably wouldn't have thought to try that!

    http://truefashionconfession.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another stunner! I'm taking some serious notes over here, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you so much! i belt pretty much anything....hahaha... it's such a good trick and a fun way to accessorize.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so spectacular! I'm totally feeling the 'spring' vibe, it must be the lovely green top and short sleeves! Good luck in your apartment search. I hope it's out there!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Reading what you have to say truly makes my day!