Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Found Foliates

Sorry for my absence, everyone. I was sick yesterday so I stayed home in my usual comfies, complete with laundry and Harry Potter. No easing back into things today, however, since I was going to have a long day with events this evening. But I wanted to still look my best, even if I wasn't feeling it. Fake it 'till you make it, right?

Purple jacket - LOFT / Found Foliates Tank - Anthroplogie / Beige pencil skirt - NY&Co / Faux suede navy pumps - Payless

You've seen a few of these pieces before. The jacket was earlier paired with this orange strapless dress and the top was the finishing touch on this outfit I was building over the course a few months. I came up this particular combination when I was trying to figure out which skirt to wear with the top for that outfit, and I loved it so much that I wanted to wear it as soon as the opportunity presented itself. I love how the purple brings out the purples in the top, with the neutral light colored skirt balancing out the colors. My great pumps are a navy faux suede, which helps to pick up the blues in the top as well. A great print can take an outfit in a million different directions...

Necklace and earrings - Ten Thousand Villages
Handbag - Steve Madden (via Endless.com)

I wanted to be comfortable today, so I first tried pants in the same color as the skirt. I didn't like the proportions, however, so I talked myself into the skirt - Spanx and nylons and all. Comfort schmomfort.

2 comments:

  1. Adorable! The print on that shirt is so pretty. And Harry Potter can always make you feel better!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I love it! Do you think I could pull off a pencil skirt?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Reading what you have to say truly makes my day!