Sunday, October 17, 2010

Rewind: Friday

Most Fridays fail to excite me, as Fridays tend to do in the regular business world.  Though I went into work late that morning, I still had to gear up for a long night. But work is feeling pretty good, so my stress level is slowly coming down, even if I do have to give up a Friday more often than not. Perhaps in the back of my head, too, I was so chill because my subconscious was eagerly awaiting the ultimate foodie high we'd be enjoying later that evening: white truffles....(swoon)....

But first the outfit... I needed to stop at home before the staff call time to pass the car to the BF, so I thought I'd wear a double-duty outfit - one for day, one for night. Ironically, this is probably flipped for most people - I wore jeans during the day, and dress pants at night...


Peach applique cardigan - The Limited / Patterned top - Anthropologie (via eBay) / Dark skinnies - Gap / Boots - Guess (via DSW) / Cobalt Blue bag - Furla (via Avelle)

I've worn the sweater + top combination before (though before I started this blog), itself a remix resulting from a late night "shopping-in-my closet" adventure I had at the end of the summer. The empire top - which is a low-cut tank - was a hard one to find outfits with, especially as the cooler months began to set in. Its beautiful pattern of vibrant blues, purples and even oranges - not to mention its loose and long shape - made for a layering challenge, but I was determined to give it more wear. When I chose this peach sweater, I knew I struck gold. The peach plays with the same color family as the orange in the print without it being too matchy-matchy, and its floral applique adds textural interest at the top to help balance out the flowy bottom. I chose skinny jeans to help keep it slim on the bottom, too. Incidentally, I wanted to try my new Nine West knee-high pull-on flat boots with this outfit, but I actually didn't like it all together, so I opted for my rich cognac brown zipper boots. I still have to decide whether or not I wanted to keep the Nine West boots, though.

And, of course, the cobalt blue Furla makes a beautiful companion piece. =)

For work that the evening, I swapped out the jeans for my ever-faithful wide-leg pants (I own a pair of these in every neutral color - and I advocate everyone to do the same!). I actually think this pairing was more successful for my shape than the skinnies.

Brown wide-leg pants - NY&Co /
[Hard-to-see] purple suede open-toe sandals - Nine West (via Endless)
Necklace - The Limited / Earrings - NY&Co.
And the truffles. Oh thank-you-god (and Bacaro).



Now this is my idea of comfort food... Happy Friday, indeed!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! Reading what you have to say truly makes my day!