Friday, April 6, 2012

Spring for Dots


My one non-sale rack find that was still on sale. (What, now?)


I tried to contain myself only to those additional 25% off sale sections during my recent shopping trip to the Gap, especially since I was only supposed to be there to return something. But what should jump out at me but (practically) a flashing sign for 30% off dresses, and even more so, their amazingly vibrant colors and prints for spring and summer. A dotted maxi dress, just like this wrap dress but in burgundy and orange (which doesn't seem to be available online at the moment), was fitting room priority #1. I loved the colors, but the fit was off, and I knew that wearing the right bra would be problematic. Still loving the dots in green and blue (a combination I'm really loving lately), I eagerly tried the wrap. I was floored by this one! I'm always a lover of wrap dresses, and the fact that this one even fit my bust well shocked me - not to mention that it had longer sleeves AND a longer hemline. AT THE GAP. I'll not lie, either, that the fact I could still wear the large made me feel good too.

Dress - Gap / Cami (not that it was really needed) - Anthropologie / Sandals - Payless

Naturally, I thought my coral sandals would be fabulous with these colors (as it did with this outfit), but sadly, the shape of the sandal was not quite right with the dress. So I went with my trusty neutral caged sandals (I call them the "Kendi" since she rocked them practically all last summer) and punched up more color with other accessories and my pedicure. Gotta get those corals in there somewhere...

Handbag - Steve Madden

Also, please note the even awesomer (if I do say so myself) coif today. I'm learning to wield the full power of the round brush, and hot damn! It looks JUST like it does after my hairstylist has had his way with me (er, my hair) in his chair, which I've never been able to replicate at home. A $40 blowout for only $17? Yep, this means I will certainly be wearing my hair down waaaaaay more often.

Ring - Ruche / Necklace - Urban Outfitters / Earrings - Lane Bryant


4 comments:

  1. I've been pining for that dress!  Looks great on you! 

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! That's a great dress. My husband does all my store returns because he knows I'll just show up with something new ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute dress! love it!

    http://www.kellydillon.com

     

    ReplyDelete
  4. That wrap dress is extremely flattering on you!!
    Niki
    Www.fashionatforty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Reading what you have to say truly makes my day!