Monday, April 16, 2012

Better Than Average


I continue to be mildly obsessed with coral. Coral shoes, coral pants, coral pencil skirt (on its way), coral nail polish... I know the color of the season has been mint, which I haven't been able to get my hands on in anything but some fabulous nail polishes, so maybe shades of the color of the year have had better luck with me.

Cardigan - LOFT / Polka dot top - H&M / Camisole - Anthropologie /
Coral ankle pants - Talbots / Handbag - DKNY (via  TJMaxx) / Wedges - LOFT

I'm still a little self-conscious in these pants, though. However, the more I wear them, the less potent that is. And I do like having some colored pants in my arsenal. Aside from them being such a huge trend, it's a great way to get some mileage out of my otherwise well-worn tops. And to think that, after my first wearing, I wasn't going to be able to find much use for them!


I also like how these - and any ankle pants, I think (my black pair is really my only other) - helps me hit all the right notes with casual dressing. There's something about ankle pants that says you've put thought into the outfit but don't wish to overdo it. Yes, it's a day at work and you want to be noticed, but there's nothing special going on. It's an average day, but you just wanted to do one better.

Ring - Banana Republic / Belt - eloquii / Necklace - Banana Republic /
Earrings - Banana  Republic

I clearly need to get more!



3 comments:

  1. I'm so getting some colored ankle pants...love this look!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pants are awesome! I've really loved coral AND mint this season, but haven't been able to bring myself to buy any trendy items during my pregnancy. Maybe I'll be in love with next year's colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look fantastic. I love, love, this outfit. The pants are great. Love your Color of the year link. I'm  a pms(pantone chips) junkie.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Reading what you have to say truly makes my day!