Wednesday, April 11, 2012

No Brainer


If this outfit looks familiar to you, it's cuz it does... I've said it before, and I''ll say it again - throwing on a striped top with a casual pencil skirt is just about the easiest thing I could possibly wear.


The blue stripes are the newest addition to my striped top collection. (It probably seems like I add a new one every week, doesn't it?) I went with more color for this outfit variation, though, not least because of the blue itself. And I figured I had to get yellow in there again. Good thing it turned out to be the perfect pop of color I was after.


But there's something about all that stripage that screams for an accessory to break it up. Scarves were always the easy answer in the cooler months, but they're not my accessory of choice in the spring/summer (whatever season we're currently in). I needed something in its place that could occupy an equal amount of space - or at least interest. Statement necklaces to the rescue! And you know a love a good statement necklace...

Striped top - ASOS / Ponte pencil skirt - Lane Bryant / Belt - The Limited /
Sandals - Bandolino / Handbag - Tano "Minilisa"

This one is on the small side, of course, but it was just the right color palette for the outfit - shades of blue and a contrasting color that I could complement with a belt. Seriously, easiest outfit ever.

Ring - Ruche / Necklace - Anthropologie / Earrings - The Limited /
Nails - Cartwheels on the Catwalk (Sephora by OPI)


8 comments:

  1. Nice style!!! =)
    Could you take a better picture of your sandals or shoes?
    Bandolino's sandal seems to be a good option
    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I super love the way you belted the skirt. I never quite know where/how to belt when wearing a skirt. This looks easy and pulled together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Getting to see your outfits via email is a little bright spot of my day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have close-ups (at least not for this post), but here's the link to the shoes! you can see them from all angles there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a 100% believer in wearing awesome outfits over and over!  This one's definitely a keeper!  :) Heather

    ReplyDelete
  6.  Thanks Jessi!! =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Reading what you have to say truly makes my day!