Friday, April 27, 2012

Tight End


I'm kind of glad I was never able to get rid of this top. It's been hanging in my closet since January, an international purchase (via Dorothy Perkins) whose return or exchange would have been more trouble than it was worth. I wasn't convinced it was a good item for me (and my large bust), and the few ways I had in mind to wear it didn't look as good as I would have liked. But I really did love it and had hoped I'd shed a few pounds and could eventually wear it - or at least find a way to get away with wearing it.

Top - Dorothy Perkins / Black pencil skirt - Simply Be / Peep-toes - Payless 

Well, I sure haven't shed those pounds, but I really loved how it tucked into this simple, form-fitting black pencil skirt. And even better, I really loved it with this fantastic necklace. (If you're keeping track, this is outfit #3 for the necklace! I'm on a roll!) So tight sleeves and chest be damned! Statement necklace and pencil skirt saves the day!

Clutch - eloquii

(Or so I'd like to think. =P)

Necklace - Modcloth (gifted) / Ring - Ruche / Earrings - Lane Bryant /
Nails - Re-fresh Mint (China Glaze)


5 comments:

  1. That top is awesome and I think it looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The top is gorgeous!  If it's still a bit tight in sleeves..a good tailor could add a little indiscreet segment of fabric on the underside of the arm, or as I have had done...make a little notch in that same location to free it up a bit.  The top looks great on you and is definitely worth salvaging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That top is amazing, well the whole outfit is amazing! You look great and from the pictures the top seems to fit great.  Also, I'm always thrilled when you wear that necklace! I feel like I'm rooting for it and every time it makes its way into another outfit I think, "YES! We got another one!" There are few things more important than supporting statement necklaces. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been reading your blog for a few months and you inspired me to buy some clothes. However, I've also lost some weight recently and do not fit in my Eloquii.com items. If you know of anyone in Chicago that is interested, please check out my craigslist postings: Fur Collar Cardi: http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/clo/2984694010.html
    Size 18 Red Dress: http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/clo/2984670122.html
    Size 18/20 Long Sleeved Shirts: http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/clo/2984671298.html
    Size 18 Military Jacket: http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/clo/2984678622.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found your blog and I have to say, I really love your style. The shirt looks great and the whole outfit looks classy. Very businesslike. I think the shirt makes you look almost a size or two smaller, don't know if it's the dots or the color....Really nice choice!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Reading what you have to say truly makes my day!