Friday, October 19, 2012

Pep Club


I begin with a few thoughts: 1) veggies drizzled with beurre blanc is a little like devils dancing mischievously in heaven; 2) wine and/or a perfectly brewed/frothed latte makes most, if not all, things better; 3) it's no wonder I can't get my weight under control when my life seems to revolve around the glorification of food and drink; 4) I ate my veggies today!


Peplum is the one trendy trend that I've not always had a lot of confidence wearing, and one I can't say I've fully jumped aboard. I understand the "theory" behind it: create a smaller waistline by way of a slightly exaggerated hip. But it's that whole exaggeration of the hip that I don't wanna always, ya know, exaggerate. Moderation is key! But you know me, I'm such a sucker for this kind of silhouette, so I had to give it fair play. I've indulged in only a few pieces so far: a cute printed top and a faux-peplum dress (but I dunno if side gills really count =7), both from Dorothy Perkins. And then I stumbled upon this delightful little color-blocked incarnation from Ruche - neutral black and tan set against a vibrant blue is totally up my alley - and I caved. Besides, color-blocking + peplum = double trend score!

Top - Ruche / Pencil skirt - Charter Club (Macy's) / Heels - Max Studio (via DSW) /
Handbag - DKNY (via TJMaxx)

I will admit the top is a wee bit smaller than I would like, but it didn't come in a bigger size (boo) and I thought I could make it work. And I hate paying for return shipping. And I really liked the top. I really love it with this slim black pencil, and to be honest, it will probably be the only way I'd want to wear it.


In other news, I wait with bated breath for Sephora's VIB discount in order to chip into my growing wish list. I'm especially in the market for a new eye cream. Thinking about Ole Hendrickson, but do ya'll have any faves?

Necklace - The Limited / Ring & earrings - Ruche


4 comments:

  1. Well there you are! You've been hiding out a bit.
    This looks great on you.
    I remember the peplum trend being very hot in the mid 80's; I actually owned a gorgeous black lace peplum dress that I loved. I was 25lbs lighter then and it looked great on me. Now, my booty is just too big (in proportion to the rest of me) to wear the trend.
    I think peplum is an excellent look for you...your proportions are balance and you can easily pull it off. Really pretty.


    Lisa/Dangerous Curves

    ReplyDelete
  2. You MAKE this dress. It's fantastic and the leopard print shoes are hot cha cha cha.
    Am a fan of the Ole H. eye cream. I also did a modified "Whole30" diet for 30ish days and my eyes looked dramatically different. Not puffy and dark shopping baggy. Recommended.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love, loveee this outfit, and I'm not even a fan of peplums.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m a HUGE fan of Origins GinZing eye cream – it’s got caffeine and light diffusers in it, so it both tightens up and disguises the puffiness and dark circles. I’m also seriously loving those leopard heels. Unexpected and sassy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Reading what you have to say truly makes my day!