Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Give It a Swirl


I braved a little sky spit for this photo op. I'm just not ready for indoor pics yet! (Read: My apartment is just not ready for indoor pics yet!) In case you didn't know, cameras and rain don't mix. Fortunately, the drizzle was intermittent enough for me to get the job done, and I had an umbrella that I had on hand to (awkwardly) use when necessary. On the plus side, all that moisture in the air and on the ground makes for some pretty color.

Belt - Talbots / Necklace - LOFT / Earrings - The Limited / Ring - The Limited
Skirt - eloquii / Top - H&M / Shoes - Kohl's

I once again pair this green skirt with black and white. This time it's a graphic b/w print of my dreams! I just love the medallion design. I mean, when I think black-and-white-graphic-print, this is IT. Found at one of my all-too-fleeting (and very quick) H&M trips, I took it straight to the check out without even trying it on. Well, given its uber-blousy nature, I should have sized down, so I wasn't able to wear it for a whole month before I could get to another H&M to exchange it. I was just glad they still had the top! Oh, how I wish for an H&M closer than 2 hours away...



4 comments:

  1. Great outfit! The gray heels are perfect with the black and white. And I desperately want that top, now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a larger girl, I'm always worried about wearing a shirt that is "blousy" for fear that it will make me look heavier; therefore I really appreciate how you styled it so that the silhouette was flattering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks! yeah,i didn't want to be too matchy-matchy with shoe choice - it thought grey was a prefect color that complemented it all nicely without being too repetitious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks! belting does the trick too, but i prefer to tuck in tops into skirts when i can - makes for better proportions on me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Reading what you have to say truly makes my day!