Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Fine Wine


You'll never guess what I'm doing at this hour! That's right, giving in to my insomnia, watching LOTR, and painting my nails. I am OB.SESSED with all things burgundy/oxblood/cabernet/whathaveyou these days. It's always a great color for fall, but the trends have eaten the color right up and with it tons of great things to lust after. Recently acquired: this burgundy cabernet cardigan from LOFT, the best nail color EVAH (Essie "Recessionista"), beautiful burgundy suede pumps and a burgundy oxblood peplum top from ASOS Curve. I think I'm covered for the season, no? =)

Cardigan - LOFT / Camisole - eloquii / Pencil skirt - Dorothy Perkins

LOFT cardigans are just about the best out there. They change details from season to season, but I can always rely on them to fit well and be just the thing to round out my wardrobe. I was kind of shocked I didn't have a cardigan in this color, but thanks to a $25 cardigan sale, I didn't have to put forth much effort (or moola) to make it happen.

 Brown pumps- Christian Siriano for Payless / Handbag - Tano

I've also decided I'm in love the combination of animal print and burgundy. I wore an outfit, as of yet only Instagrammed, with a great new animal print top, brown pants (!!!) and - just the thing - a slim burgundy belt. I loved the look and decided I need to do the combination as often as possible. (I'll be sure to wear/post that outfit again soon!)


And what better canvas than a pencil skirt and cardi, eh? Nope, nothing better.

Necklace - LOFT / Ring - Banana Republic / Earrings - Lane Bryant /
Nails - "Wicked" by Essie (via Ulta)


5 comments:

  1. You sound like me! I am buying up that color as well- a dress, a scarf, shirt, sweater, skirt, and shoes... think it's time to stop! I love pairing it with the animal print. I'll be trying that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica - I LOVE your outfit today! You're right, the oxblood color is so hot right now and I've been coveting Essie's Recessionista lately. In fact, I love your outfit so much that I went straight to LOFT to purchase the exact cardigan! 50% off today for $20. Thank you for posting! You look chic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE it! Love the animal print, love the oxblood - everything really! I was really missing your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you look stunning! I also love oxblood/burgundy, and am psyched that it is a trend right now. I love it when trends are accessible and universally flattering, and this color definitely looks great on everyone. But your outfit here is genius. Just, wow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also loved your outfit!!! I too had to purchase the same exact one in the same exact color. It was 50% off... so I got it for $30-ish with tax and shipping. Yay!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Reading what you have to say truly makes my day!