Monday, October 8, 2012

Top It Off


I turned on the heat in the apartment today. I feel it is far too soon for such an action, but the below-freezing overnight temps convinced me otherwise. I'm just not ready for this yet! Give the lovely temperate briskness of autumn its due! The temps are supposed to return to more seasonal levels later this week, so until then I'll reminisce (read: catch up) with even warmer weather outfits, such as this one.

Mia Top - Sealed with a Kiss Designs / Jeans - Lane Bryant / Sandals - Nine West

The top is actually my first purchase from Sealed with a Kiss. I'd been browsing their site for some time, but never felt up to a purchase until settling on this cute little top. It's nice and long, has a flattering neckline and elasticized waistband, and presents lots of possibilities for layering options yet this fall. I'm also a fan of its elbow-length sleeves, of course. It's definitely not made to be tucked in, and its length is proportionally too long for any skirt of mine, but I could see topping it with a belt if desired. (And I'm sure I will desire.) Jeans - skinny or flare - are this top's best friend. The colors it comes in are wonderfully cheery - summery turquoise, yellow and coral - and a black option (which I also got) makes it a great basic.

Ring & necklace - Banana Republic / Earrings - The Limited

Though I'd worn my hair down here, this outfit is also one of my favorites to wear with my straw fedora (first/last seen here), snapped ala Instagram with one of my admittedly multiple wearings. Now that I think of it, I wanna wear the black one with the hat next!

Handbag - Coach (gifted)


3 comments:

  1. We don't live that far from each other (I'm in St. Louis), but my heat has been off and on for a couple weeks! I'm wimpy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so beautiful! I love cthis colour! Kisses x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, that color is amazing on you, what a great basic top. Love it with the pretty necklace and well the whole outfit really! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Reading what you have to say truly makes my day!