Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The Heart of It


Peplums are all the rage this spring, I hear. Trend or no, I wanted to get my hands on some. Dorothy Perkins, a site I stalk daily, has the corner on the peplum market, it seems, so I didn't have to look very far. Just once little search for "peplum" yields an ample number of crazy cute options - dresses and tops, prints and solids. What to choose! This darling pink heart-print top was one of the first items to hop in my cart. A graphic print dress and nude-colored dress were next to follow. I'm quite close to pulling the trigger on this contrast print one, too.

Peplum top - Dorothy Perkins / Pencil skirt - Dorothy Perkins

I can't get over how perfectly this top fits, though. If I wasn't confident in DP sizing before (I'm a solid 14, a full size down from my usual US size), I surely am now! I mean, even the sleeves are perfect. I was afraid they'd be really tight and therefore unsightly, but they sit neatly on top of my broad shoulders. Sure, the top is a little snug across my bust, but that was almost unavoidable; still, even that isn't very noticeable. And it's darling, darling, darling. I've done it up rather casually here with a denim pencil skirt (DP again!), though skinnies would be a great option too.

Handbag - Urban Outfitters / Sandals - Payless

I already have a few minor changes in mind for the next time I wear it: these cute strappy turquoise wedges I just picked up and other turquoise accessories. Naturally, I look forward to dressing it up as well!

Ring - Ruche / Earrings - LOFT


4 comments:

  1. I love this look! Casually chic :) All the Dorothy Perkins items look so good on you that I might be ready to take on chance on some of their clothing.

    Do you find that they run true to size? Specifically their dresses/tops? I would love a black version of the nude you linked above.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find that I actually have to size down from what I usually wear. I'm a solid 16 in nearly all bottoms (14 in most tops and dresses), but I've ordered 14 in everything i've ordered from there and they all fit perfectly. According to the size chart I should be a 16, so this is weird, but i'm not complaining! 


    i do wish that, like ASOS, they offered free return shipping for their international buyers. but, so far, i haven't had to return anything! i really do love nearly everything they have, so i recommend them without hesitation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the turquoise strappy wedges you mentioned and I also bought them in the black.  I wore the black today and they are fabulous and really comfortable.  I look forward to wearing the others soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That top is really adorable. I ordered two dresses from DP and I'm wondering how their sizes are. Seems similar to asos where you have a little room to breathe in their clothes.
    Niki
    www.fashionatforty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Reading what you have to say truly makes my day!