Monday, March 5, 2012

Spring Fling


When I first purchased this lovely teal pencil skirt for all its colorful, springtime-wearing glory, I wanted to be sure to wear navy with it at some point. I dunno, I just really liked the idea of the combination! Even better, I wanted to find a pretty navy-based print to pair with the skirt and one of my zillion cardigans. So when I found this cute and über-springy butterfly print at Old Navy (again, of all places), it was exactly what I wanted.

Cardigan - LOFT / Butterfly cami - Old Navy / Pencil skirt - eloquii /
Heels - Payless / Handbag - Steve Madden

This reminds me that I recently uncovered an oldie-but-goodie navy LOFT scoop neck sweater in my closet. (Yes, it's seemingly so messy vast that I often forget what I have in there. Yikes.) Imma have to wear that with the skirt next! I mean, if the weather continues to vacillate between tornado watches and snow flurries, I'm sure I'll have ample opportunity to don sweaters again. Hmm, I see tights again in my future, too.


But back to this outfit. I sure do like this open cardigan/cami look, don't I? (Exhibit 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 - and that's just the tip of the iceberg.) It might not be the most creative layer, but it's pretty effortlessly classic. (And I have many.) The combination of accessories is pretty straightforward, too. I like the purple that the necklace brings into the mix; it makes for a much more cohesive look than the yellow I had chosen initially. Navy heels and a tan handbag tie everything else together. Oh, and the perfect minty green manicure.

Necklace - Le Mode Accessories / Ring - Ruche / Earrings - Anthropologie / Nails - Mint Candy Apple (Essie)


7 comments:

  1. I've been sporting some minty toes for the last few blog posts. Looks good on your nails. And I just love those Eloquii skirts on you!
    Niki
    www.fashionatforty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually bought this skirt in teal after seeing it in your previous posts.  It's a little outside of the box for me colorwise and I wouldn't have considered it if not for seeing how you've matched it up.  I've only worn it with black so far, but I was just considering pairing it with a royal blue.  I may also go wild and pair it with a fuschia pink sweater.  And now I have to try navy...The ideas keep coming!  Thanks for getting me to try something new!

    ReplyDelete
  3. obsessed with your mint nails!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh I love it!!!! I wish I could be confident enough to wear a shirt with a shirt tucked in. I feel like I would love that skirt! 

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look fabulous! I love this entire outfit! Ive seen the blouse @ Old Navy & wouldve never thought to pair it with a pencil skirt.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Reading what you have to say truly makes my day!