Wednesday, January 25, 2012

New Territory

I bring you my first Eloquii purchase!


I kind of ignored their initial launch last fall. Though I loved their concept, I didn't care for anything they offered at the time, thinking it a rather boring and meager plus-sized selection of items from its older sister, The Limited. But after continued buzz over the past few months, I decided to give them another look. I was very pleased to see a much larger selection of items this time around, especially fabulous dresses and - wait for it - pencil skirts!

Cardigan - LOFT / Lace top - LOFT / Pencil skirt - Eloquii / Heels - Nine West

I am always, endlessly, often fruitlessly searching for well-made, great-fitting, just-below-knee-length pencil skirts. Basic colors are my bare minimum, but fun, bright ones - especially the perfect red - have become a personal holy grail. Now, I know Talbots technically fits that entire bill and then some, but I cannot justify shelling out $100+ per skirt, especially when I tend to buy in multiples when I find things that really work. So when I happened upon the selection of pencil skirts at Eloquii, I was thrilled! Teal! Purple! Basic browns, blacks and blues! And $60 with 40% off (at the time)!! Free shipping both ways (no risk to find the perfect fit)! YES TO ALL! Well, at least to teal and brown. For now, anyway.

Handbag - Furla Carmen Shopper Grande Handbag (via BBOS)

And it's a great skirt. The fit is generous, the length is ideal, and the color is saturated. It's lined and it even has a wide waistband that makes tucking in shirts perfection. I went with my usual size on bottom, 16, and while it fits a little bigger than a 16 at Lane Bryant or Talbots, I find that my post-holiday body prefers it that way. The only blip is a little extra room at the top hip, but it's not too noticeable and it fits well everywhere else. As you can see from the pictures, the skirt lays beautifully, and it is wonderfully comfortable.


What I'm most exited about is how this skirt has opened up all kinds of new outfit opportunities, breathing new life into one-hit-wonder tops. Ah, the combinations are endless!! I've always been a basic-colored-bottom kind of girl (if you haven't noticed), so this is really new territory for me. And I love it!

Ring, earrings and necklace - Banana Republic



7 comments:

  1. I've been eyeing the Eloquii line for some time, too. A couple of their dresses and blazers look like they could make excellent staples - I just need to wait for another sale to snatch them up!

    The skirt is divine, and I'm now seriously coveting that top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an identical skirt from Ny&co and am always so self conscious tucking things into it.  It looks sooolovely on you though I am reconsidering...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love - you are so redonk fab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pencil skirt, it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely skirt, I tend to duplicate things too.  Eloquii has beautiful clothing sounds like you hit the jackpot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that teal color! Beautiful! Can't wait till they go on sale again. I'm definitely going to pick up one :)

    Katie- Hems For
    Her

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you don't mind if I copy you. I am such a pencil skirt girlt too, and it is such a pain to find fun ones that fit nicely.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Reading what you have to say truly makes my day!