Monday, January 23, 2012

Shiny Happy


After a few weeks of (increasingly boring) casual dressing, I finally get to break out the fancy again! The regular performance season resumed last Friday and with it all the best reasons to wear pencil skirts and, that's right, sequins. Many argue about the place of sequins in the workplace, but my workplace is no office and this sequined top is no pushover.

Sequined top - Banana Republic / Pencil skirt - Simply Be / Black tights - LOFT /
Black heels - BBCG (eBayed) / Belt - Talbots

Oh, and it's yet another Banana Republic steal. I'm getting so good at this I can barely stand it! To be honest, I normally wouldn't even go for such a bedazzled top, but I loved the cut (elbow sleeves! wide scoop neck!) - not to mention the price ($30!) - so I couldn't really think of an excuse to not take it home with me. I loved it just with the jeans I tried it on with, so I knew wearing it with nearly any of my pencil skirts would be even more fabulous.

Handbag - Furla Carmen Shopper Grande Handbag (via BBOS)

I went for quiet class with a black pencil skirt, but for fear of being too fancy, I added colorful coral accessories in some hopes to bring it down just a notch. I really love the outfit, though. I just love being able to dress up, period.

Necklace - Anthropologie / Ring - Banana Republic (eBayed) / Earrings - The Limited



1 comment:

  1. What a great top and the necklace is beautiful!  I scored a few deals myself at BR a few days ago - don't they have amazing sales?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Reading what you have to say truly makes my day!