Thursday, January 5, 2012

Black and Blue


I recently purchased these black ankle skinnies from Lane Bryant for a song. (In fact, my size was the only one they had left! 'Twas meant to be!) I figured they were a good basic that I should probably have in my closet, no? Especially on clearance, no?? So when I saw this pin the other day, I thought, "Hey, I can do that!" What's funny, though, is the last thing I would have thought to wear with black skinnies would be a blue button-up. But I liked the simple, classic look of it, especially with black flats and the longer line of my tunic version of the shirt. (Excuse the massive amount of wrinkles, by the way.) It's also very similar to the last time I wore the top, so it was already a silhouette I liked - and oh-so-comfortable! Once again Pinterest inspires me in unthought-of ways.

Blue pintucked belted shirt - The Limited / White camisole - The Limited / Black wedges - Payless /
Handbag - Furla Piper Small Cartella Bandoliera (via BBOS)

And the bag! The bag! My rewards balance at BBOS was just sitting there, so I figured I'd snatch up this lovely little snakeskin Furla, especially after they had just tweeted about it. Expect to see her often over the next month!

Necklace - Urban Outfitters / Ring - Ruche / Earrings - Maurices



4 comments:

  1. So classic Audrey!  Especially with the hair-up and the ivory jewelry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw thanks! i hadn't even thought about her as an inspiration for this, but you're totally right!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look fab.  New to your blog but love seeing a fashion blog that I can really relate to.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Reading what you have to say truly makes my day!