Friday, June 15, 2012

Ladies Who Lunch


Before I inundate you with more maxi dresses, I thought I'd offer a bit of respite with, oh I dunno, a pencil skirt. I figure it's been a little bit you've seen me in one, anyway.

Lunch at My Place top - Modcloth / Pencil skirt - Macy's (Charter Club) /
Sandals - Christian Siriano for Payless / Handbag - Banana Republic /
Ring - Ruche / Earrings - Lane Bryant

Alas, pencil skirts are not quite the thing for work these days. Just a little too dressy for the likes of the casual, quiet days in my cave of an office. But throw in a midweek, midday reception, and I've got a reason to don one. Especially when it's practically a duplicate of this favorite pencil skirt/embellished tee ensemble. (Just a difference in colors - and at least 5 pounds...) Here's the kicker: the ivory version of the tee was purchased at Ruche for $33; the blue version was purchased at Modcloth for $25. Same designer. Things that make you go hmmmm.... And thanks to reader Liv who recommended these nude sandals from Payless! Cute, comfy and just the look I've been after.


Happy Friday, everyone! Bob's birthday is this weekend, and it will be filled with lots of cute outfits and delectable dining. Oh the pictures I'll have to share with you next week! I hope to have a Weight Watchers update, as well - all good things. =)

3 comments:

  1. Not to brag.....(well maybe a little) I have that same t in ivory and I purchased mine for about $10 from Downeast Basics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!  I'm glad you like the shoes and I love the nude/baby blue combo.  Can't wait to see more maxi dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just discovered your blog, and I have to say I love your style. That minty blue color is great on you, and I love all the maxi dress posts below:)

    http://hipsandhangers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Reading what you have to say truly makes my day!