Tuesday, May 1, 2012

May Day


You can expect to see a lot of this pencil skirt throughout the spring and summer. I can't wait to wear all manner of tops with it, from dressy to casual. Such a nice fit, such a perfect length, such an ideal color. Pencil skirt win. In fact, I got her sisters in white and camel, so you can be sure you'll be seeing those soon as well. I might hold off on the white for a bit though...

Embellished tee - Ruche / Coral pencil skirt - Macy's /
Sandals - Nine West "Bigspender" (via Endless)/ Clutch - eloquii

I especially liked the idea of wearing a pretty embellished cream tee with the skirt. Very simple, but very feminine. I'm always on the look out for these types of embellished tops. They used to be a staple at Anthropologie, but I haven't come across any I've liked in a while. Thanks to Ruche for stocking this one! The floral applique detail carries over to the back, too - a nice touch. And it's so, so soft. I might live in it all summer.


I liked the idea of simple nude peep-toe with the outfit, but who can deny a little extra color? Yep, these sweet minty sandals are simply the green version of my coral lovelies. You might see a few other colors crop up sooner than later as well. They're the perfect summer sandal in so many ways, so I just couldn't resist getting another color. Besides, I'd been seaching for a great green sandal for, like, ever. When it's right, it's right.

Ring - Ruche / Earrings - Ruche / Nails - Re-fresh Mint (China Glaze)


4 comments:

  1.  Gorgeous!  Your blog was recommended to me by a friend yesterday, and I've done nothing but comb your archives for the last 24 hours.  I LOVE YOUR STYLE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the coral and mint combo! They are the colors of spring but you don't expect to see a coral skirt with mint shoes, absolutely beautiful. 

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great color combo and the little pops of mint. Pencil skirts are perfect on you.I can see why you have an arsenal of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the color...went to get it on Macy's website and it's gone in that color. SAD!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Reading what you have to say truly makes my day!