Monday, May 21, 2012

White Light


See? I've worn this almost-returned top again already. Thank goodness for its wonderfully concealing butterfly sleeves - they're like fashion band-aids for the midsection and arms. And as we launch headlong into summer-weight dressing, I'm thankful for a little more coverage that doesn't make me sweat bullets.

Top - eloquii / Skinnies - Lane Bryant / Sandals - Payless

I'm trying out a new pair of skinnies, too. My only pair to date has been the Gap Always Skinny style, and they've served me well, but I've never enjoyed how low-rise they are. My midsection does not need that much attention! So I've been on the look out for a higher-rise pair, especially from plus size retailers that don't think a higher rise is such a horrible thing. Cue recent promotion at Lane Bryant and their Power Stretch Skinny Jean. They're a little shorter in length than the Gap pair, but I don't have any quibbles about that since I prefer them to sit at my ankles anyway. The rise is indeed comfortably higher (yay!!), and the "power stretch" claim is also true - they have a bit more give that better complements this girl's curves. They are a little flimsier than the Gap pair - somewhere between a jegging and regular denim - so I wonder how well they'll hold up, but for 50% off, I don't really mind.


Ah, but we really are into summer dressing, whether I like it or not. (Oh, hello there, 90 degrees!) I have a hard time getting dressed in the summer, as has been a topic before on this blog. In fact, it was probably one of the major factors contributing to how little I posted last summer! But I've gotten into a nice grove this year, and blogging - however basic at times - does help keep my body-image issues in check, especially while I fight this current battle of the bulge. Nevertheless, I've been thinking of cutting back my posts to three times a week rather than five, just so I can try to keep things fresh for both myself and you, my dear readers. And maybe finally get around to doing that oft-requested video tutorial about my updo, eh?  =)

Handbag - Banana Republic / Belt - Talbots / Ring - Ruche / Earrings - Lane Bryant


3 comments:

  1. I understand how you feel about Summer dressing, but you really shouldn't fret, you look amazing! I might have to check out those skinny jeans at LB.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you, adrienne! i have to say I do like these skinnies. i dunno if i'll completely replace my Gap skinnies with them, but there are nice second pair. i also found <a href="http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=2860070021602&cid=78385>a mid-rise pair from Gap</a> that I may check out (and they go up to size 20!) eventually, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice -- might be my favorite pants outfit of yours. 

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Reading what you have to say truly makes my day!