Friday, May 11, 2012

Think Pink


I can't decide if this pencil skirt is too big or if it's just right. When I had the size smaller, I felt it fit too closely 'round my (round) belly, but it seemed to sit nicely on my waist and hips. This one, a size up, lays nicely over the belly (even if it wrikles constantly), but it sits a littler lower on waist than I would like. (Oh, what's that? Get it tailored? Oh sure, I'll get right on it...) I have to say, though, that it feels pretty great when I wear it, so that might answer my question.

Boatneck top - Gap / Pencil skirt - Macy's / Belt - Dorothy Perkins

The color palette for this outfit was reworked from this one. I simply love this boat neck top - so soft, comfy and feminine...a pretty pink I want to wear all the time. Since I wear pencil skirts all the time, I thought this outfit was a good solution.


The blue belt replaced the blue of the denim; the light tan skirt replaced the jacket; the pink top, of course, got to stay and even gets to show off a little more. My delightfully green alligator-print handbag brought a bit more color to the mix. I love this bag.

Handbag - Banana Republic / Peep-toes - Banana Republic

Alright, dears. I now sign off for my weekend of graduation frenzy. See you on the other side!

Ring - Ruche / Necklace - LOFT / Earrings - The Limited


6 comments:

  1. BombshellBeautyBlogMay 11, 2012 at 2:40 PM

    The skirt fits perfectly and you look fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this color combo...and I have handbag envy now! I have to find a similar one. 

    ReplyDelete
  3. That color combination is so pretty.
    I'm not a 'pink' person...but I'm getting bitten by the 'pink' bug....

    ReplyDelete
  4. there are definitely shades of it that i just won't do, but i confess this top is mostly about the fabric and feel! sooooooooooooooooo comfy. the pretty pink is just a perk. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks!! this handbag was my first "real" handbag - and thus my obsession began! it's the "flatiron" line from BR from 2007 or therebouts. good luck finding one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you thank you! good thing i bought it in 4 colors, eh? =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Reading what you have to say truly makes my day!