Thursday, May 17, 2012

Floral Frenzy


This.skirt. It's easily become one of my favorite pieces in my wardrobe right now. I wasn't so sure about it when I first laid mine eyes upon it. A floral midi skirt can read as potentially geriatric, but, I mean, the ASOS model was WERQing the shiz out of it, so it couldn't be all bad. It sat in my saved items list for a few weeks before I decided to give it a go. I'm so, so glad I did.

Floral pencil skirt - ASOS CURVE / Boatneck top - Lauren by Ralph Lauren (Macy's) /
Ring - Ruche / Earrings - LOFT / Belt - Lane Bryant / Nailpolish - Sag Harbor (Essie)

The placement and different sizes of the shades of blue flowers punched up by perfect pops of orange and bright pink are what keep this skirt youthful. And I experimented with different colored tops, but I kept coming back to black because it really did look the most sleek and modern. That isn't to say I won't try other colors, but for its big debut, this was how it was meant to be worn.

Sandals - Nine West / Handbag - Gustto

Of course, the very slim pencil skirt silhouette makes it as sexy as can be - no grandmas need apply here. I may get it hemmed an inch or two, though; I like where it hits on the model (who is of course much taller than I) much better - the sweet spot just below the knee. At its current length, heels of significant height - or at least a comfy, wrapped wedge better suited to the 12-hour day on my feet - are a requirement lest my legs be resigned to sad stumps.


And the belt. Primarily worn for radio clippage, but also to cleverly extend the line of my torso with additional black since I had to hike up the skirt a bit. I had to do this with my first ASOS midi skirt, too, and with the same belt! (Okay, I clearly need to get these skirts hemmed...)


It was, in short (in midi?), a perfect outfit for the final day of commencement frenzy - able to go the distance in both form and function. But who are we kidding? It was all about the form anyway...



4 comments:

  1. You got it! It fits you like a glove. So pretty. I think this may be my favorite pencil skirt on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is a beautiful skirt!!!  You wear it well, sister :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you sister! i want to wear it again already!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes yes! thank you! i think it's MY favorite skirt now, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Reading what you have to say truly makes my day!