Monday, June 18, 2012

Birthday Boy


That's one handsome man. How could I resist starting off this (little later than usual) post by featuring the birthday boy himself? Especially when he's wearing the crap out this blue Ted Baker suit, a crisp white shirt, and BR pocket square (that he picked out for one of his birthday gifts). My outfit pales in comparison after that anyway. =)

Melrose Mesh Top - c/o Kiyonna / White pencil skirt - Macy's (Charter Club)

At least, I feel much less dressed up than I would have liked to have been. Quite disappointingly, the dress I was planning to wear didn't fit, so I had to scramble to put something else together that I could feel comfortable and confident in and wasn't too much fuss. This was Bobby's day, after all, and I wasn't going to let my frustrations damper the cheer of the day. I immediately thought of this great Kiyonna top that flatters all my assets and camouflages everything else, paired with, of course, a pencil skirt.


The real stars of the outfit were my accessories, however. I'd been plotting to debut some fabulous new shoes and my Trina Turk for Banana Republic pieces on this occasion, so it was imperative that whatever I wore would let them shine anyway. I do suppose it's hard to let a little box clutch and fabulous cocktail ring take center stage just by virtue of scale, but I sure as hell had to try.

Box clutch and Ring - Trina Turk for Banana Republic / Necklace - Anthropologie /
Earrings - Banana Republic (eBayed) / Sandals - SM Evan's Pump via DSW

Meh, the birthday boy still wins. =)


As has become customary, we dined at our favorite restaurant in town for the birthday meal itself, having course after course of delectable bites and a helluva bottle of wine to celebrate. Good people watching, excellent service, and just a relaxing evening spent together.

An upside down wine label has to mean good luck, right?

Today? A day off, a firmer footing on Weight Watchers (with a hope to fit into that dress eventually) and being ever so thankful that I get to celebrate birthdays and all manner of life's milestones with such a wonderful guy.

4 comments:

  1. Perfect outfit! And it did let your accessories shine, including those AMAZING shoes. Holy crap they are hot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a sucker for polka dots, so I love both of your outfits. Very crisp and classic looks.  Also, that dinner looks tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Work it, Bob!  He looks fantastic, as do you.  Such a classy pair :)  Excited to see you both this weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a striking couple you two make.  And I love your shoes.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Reading what you have to say truly makes my day!