Friday, June 22, 2012

Maxed Out


So about those maxi dresses...yep, still in love. Aside from being the easiest thing to wear this summer, they seem to be just about the most flattering too. I need that these days, fo sho. Continuing my run of good luck at Old Navy, this maxi was one such score. I wasn't sure how flattering the print or drawstring waist would be, but it's just about perfect. So much so that I immediately proceeded to buy the dress in the solid purple color, too - which I like even better. Extra bonus: I got to size down.

Maxi dress - Old Navy / Denim jacket - Theory (eBayed) /
Sandals - Unisa (via Endless.com)

I realize I'm likely contradicting myself by wearing it with just that little denim jacket here... Oh, sure, I'll continue to experiment with other layering options, but I guess I just like what the jacket can do structurally for an otherwise all-over soft, flowy look. When it ain't broke, ya know?

Handbag - Tano / Necklace - Anthropologie / Ring - Ruche / Earrings - gifted

I'm off work today, my friends. We're going up to WI for the weekend to see family, eat great food, drink good drinks, walk along the Sheboygan lakefront (me ol' stompin' grounds), and maybe scare up a bonfire or two. If that's not an ideal summer weekend, I don't know what is.

3 comments:

  1. I have got to get myself some maxi dresses! I've looked and looked and am convinced I can pull it off. I'll check Old Navy 1st! I'm glad you got yours there! I just got a couple GCs from there...perfect!!!
    You look gorgeous in them!! Hope I look half as great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look awesome! I wouldn't look good in maxi dresses but you look great! Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You inspired me to try a maxi dress. Alas, they are not made for women only 5'2". I look like I'm playing dress-up with my mama's nightgowns.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Reading what you have to say truly makes my day!