Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Around the Block


So I do have another maxi dress outfit to share, but I thought I'd interrupt the maxi-mania with not only more pencil skirt love, but bright yellow and happy green color-blocking love. (Also, I can't seem to not wear this denim jacket now. You've been warned.)

Denim jacket - Theory (eBayed) / Green tank - Old Navy / Skirt - Talbots / Belt - LOFT
Handbag - Urban Outfitters / Shoes - Bandolino "Moderngirl" (Endless)

It should not be surprising, but I'd been contemplating (read: obsessing over) the idea of a yellow pencil skirt for a little while now. I mean, 1) it's a pencil skirt and 2) it's yellow. I figured experimenting with brighter colors would be a good way to wear the wardrobe staple in summer off-season - having more fun with them than I might during the regular season. I liked all the bright color blocking I've been seeing on Pinterest and various blogs, too, so I thought this would be a good opportunity to try my own hand at it. Pretty much love it.


Lemony yellow meets kelly green, who run into summer white for a day of colorific fun. Sounds like a good short story. Maybe? Title forthcoming.

Ring - Trina Turk for Banana Republic / Earrings - Banana Republic


2 comments:

  1. Just found your blog and I am in love with it!!! You are stunning and look amazing in every outfit! I have been wanting to amp up my wardrobe and you have so many ideas! Thank you....
    Heather

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Reading what you have to say truly makes my day!