Friday, January 28, 2011

Face Time

I can't remember the last time I didn't have to work an event on Friday night. (Mind you, I'll be working both Saturday night and Sunday afternoon...) So I took advantage of a truly casual Friday, and I had a little fun with it!

Black jacket - Maurices / face graphic tee - LOFT / Leopard print ponte knit skirt - Lane Bryant /
Pink tights - Lane Bryant / Black boots  - Nine West "Onthemoon" (via Endless.com)

I just love a graphic tee, don't you? They can do such unique things for outfits.


I wanted to try styling up my new black boots again, and though I stayed with a mainly black color palate, I dressed it up with a printed pencil skirt (tweed and pinstriped were also early options), this cute graphic tee, and - oh yeah - bright pink tights! I've actually done a graphic tee with this pencil skirt before (another face tee, too!), but not like this! When I remembered that I had these super colorful tights that I hadn't yet worn, and that they matched the pink lips in the tee so perfectly, I knew I scored! 

I initially thought I'd rock my fuchsia Gustto with this outfit, but it was totally a pink overkill at that point. Instead, I pulled out this two-toned metallic Tano I had (and sadly rarely wear) to have at least one neutral accessory,  which even pulls out some of the grey tones in the tee. Can you believe I hesitated at first because I thought it was too small? Sure you can... =D

Handbag - Tano "Twiggy"

But I did add just one more pink accent with these pink stone earrings!

Hammered metal disc ring - The Limited / Pink stone earrings - New York & Co.


1 comment:

  1. I really like the patterned skirt, the graphic t-shirt and the pop of colour with your tights. So much going on and it all works together!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Reading what you have to say truly makes my day!