Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Reese's Pieces


I'd been itching to wear this Tracy Reese Anthropologie sale find again for a while now. I really wanted to pair it with some white ankle pants over the summer, but I never managed to find a pair I liked on this bod of mine. I gave up that particular search, hoping I'd get some wear out of it in the fall. Since I'd already done pants, I decided to try one of my ever-faithful pencil skirts for its second outing.

Draw the Line Cowlneck - Anthropologie (Tracy Reese) / Pencil skirt - Talbots

Ironically, I didn't initially think a pencil skirt would work with the top. I just figured that the top was so voluminous that the proportions would be off. However, its exaggerated wide waistband really keeps those proportions in check - it brings up the waist up and lengthens my lower half, while also managing to camouflage and smooth out my midsection. Besides, when has a pencil skirt ever done me wrong?

Handbag - Furla (via Filene's Basement)

I thought about incorporating bigger pops of color (yellow? cobalt blue?) in other accessories, but I couldn't quite come up with anything other than these albeit amazingly comfortable brown faux-suede pumps. I just love how turquoise looks against the oranges and dusty browns, though, so I made sure to wear my favorite turquoise pieces.

Ring - Banana Republic / Earrings - Dress Barn / Brown gold buckle pumps - Christian Siriano for Payless



2 comments:

  1. Holy gorgeous!  Such a wonderful mix with the white skirt, and I NEVER would have done that.  Proof that white can be just as versatile as black and tan, which is hard for me to remember.  Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful look! Great combo!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Reading what you have to say truly makes my day!