Monday, November 5, 2012

Hat in Hand


Major coup at work: negotiated having every Monday off! Brilliant! I don't know why it took me so long to think to ask for this schedule. I mean, more often than not I'm working the weekends anyway (and 50+ hrs/wk), and I would typically take the following Monday off so that I could have some kind of weekend. So now it's just part of my standard schedule, and I couldn't be happier! And as I get ready to dive into the busiest week of the semester, I couldn't be more grateful...

Mia Top - SWAK / Jeans - Lane Bryant / Hat - Urban Outfitters / Handbag - Ruche /
Sandals - Nine West

Thanks for everyone's thoughtful comments on my journey back into teaching last week, too. It went really, really well! I thought there were a few issues - pace, probably should have just used the classroom microphone rather than insisting I could speak loud enough over the music - but all in all I thought I covered the material well and kept the students engaged. It was a wonderful if scary feeling to be in front of a classroom again, especially with material that I didn't feel as comfortable with anymore, but it many ways it was just like getting back on a bicycle. I didn't end up wearing a wrap dress, by the way, but a great little pencil skirt and printed top ensemble that I hope to share with you next week. (I'm getting so much closer to being caught up!)

Ring - Banana Republic (eBayed) / Necklace - c/o Kiyonna / Earrings - Ruche

This outfit, worn quite a few weeks ago now (when the leaves hadn't yet fallen and I was still semi-obsessed with this hat) feels like a great way to start of the week, though. My perfect, favorite jeans paired with my now favorite top from SWAK. In fact, I warned (myself?) when I wore the coral version a few weeks prior that I would have to get the black and don the hat. Between those two tops, my best jeans and that hat, this was probably one of my most-worn outfits to close out the summer.



1 comment:

  1. So glad you posted this great SWAK top. I never have luck there, but seeing how cute this top was on you I got it for myself and looove it! great blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Reading what you have to say truly makes my day!