Sunday, September 25, 2011

Many Returns

Well, hello there! Long time, no see!


It sure has been hard to get back into blogging after two months MIA. So hard that I couldn’t even muster up the motivation to celebrate what would have been my one year blogiversary last week! (The 14th, to be exact...) Moving took a lot out of me and the start of the new concert season at work took even more. But, work is more or less on auto-pilot, we’re finally and comfortably moved in, and I even found a new photo shoot location at the new place. (Really, this took the most toll on the blog! Ya-know-what-I’m-sayin’??) I now live on a brick-lined street, which unfortunately is too busy for me to take pictures exclusively, but it sure makes a nice bonus when I can snag a few shots like these!

Military green cropped jacket - Maurices / Banded Lace-Up Tunic - Anthropologie /
Dark skinnies - Gap / Wedges - LOFT / Grey handbag - Urban Outfitters

This top was a great Anthro sale grab last month. (And still available at under $10!!) It was one of those I tried on when it was full price but couldn’t bring myself to purchase. I kept thinking I’d wear it with white crops, which I’m sure would be a fun summer look, too, but summer has faded away before I could find a pair that I actually liked myself in. Cue the ever-reliable denim skinnies and a military green topper! I was pleasantly surprised by how well the colors and proportion came together, and it’s a great way to transition this top into the fall season.


I feel like I’ve missed out on a TON, and I’ve got a lot of catching up to do! Thanks to all of you who’ve stuck around, welcome to all of you who’ve come on board, and hello to another sonsy fall season!

Happy birthday to my (little) sister who hits the big 3-0 today! I love you, Ruthie!

8 comments:

  1. Very cute outfit!LOve the millitary jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not to be all stalkery, but I think I recognize that street!  Used to live there, like 11 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha! it's a great neighborhood! lots of character with all the brick everywhere. did you go to UIUC?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did!  I used to live over on Hill St. in Champaign.  If there's a big purple house still over there, with rainbow trim, that was ours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ya know, I never really check out anthro much, but I think some of there sale stuff is worth it, esp size a lot of their flowy blouses are plus friendly! Great find!

    Glad to have you back :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks, dearie! anthro tops are definitely worth a shot. they have xls in nearly almost every style and i can count on anything with stretch to fit great. the blousey stuff works well too, so long as it fits my bust. i must admit i don't bother with bottoms, tho!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to live RIGHT across the street from that purple house on Hill.  Weird!  Love that neighborhood.  I used to ride my bike by your NEW house all the time, Jess.  SO excited that you can walk to DT Champaign.  And um... LOVING that shirt!  Might have to get me one.  :-)  Miss you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Reading what you have to say truly makes my day!