Thursday, September 29, 2011

Glen's Plaid

I loves me a pencil skirt. But you knew that. =)


Basic solids are all well and fine, but when I can find an interesting but subtle pattern, such as this glen plaid accented with orange, I be one happy girl. And I bet you guess that I'm over the moon about the length, too!

Printed top - Lane Bryant / Glen plaid pencil skirt - Lane Bryant / Heels - Payless

I tell ya, Lane Bryant is just knocking it out of the park with pencil skirts this year. (This lace print one is next on my must-have-will-get list.) I owe that somewhat to the trend for longer hemlines and the pencil skirt in general. (When have pencil skirts not been on trend again?) I'm mostly so very thankful for this because I used to have some slammin' Banana Republic pencil skirts from a few years ago - great lengths, patterns, and usual Banana Republic details. But, alas, I've not been able to fit my derriere into them for some time. Of all the items I've "grown" out of, those pencil skirts were the biggest tragedy. So, I'm ever-so-thankful to Lane Bryant and even Talbots who've made fabulous pencil skirts as available to plus sized ladies as anyone else.

Handbag - Urban Outfitters

The top is one I had flagged after this post to wear with a pencil skirt, a thought that had crazily not occurred to me before. So when I was looking to debut this skirt in a fun and somewhat dressed-down way, I knew this would be the perfect pairing. I might go with it untucked for my next wearing, however.

Ring - Banana Republic / Necklace - Urban Outfitters / Earrings - The Limited

Have a happy Friday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! Reading what you have to say truly makes my day!