Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Floral Note

The end of the season is almost here! I can taste it! Though the performance season (finally) winds down next week (but only after a very long 4-day stretch of busy days AND nights, I should mention), the craziness in my world doesn't really quiet down until the end of the commencement season next month. But only a month to go! I can do it!

Jacket - LOFT / floral top - Anthropologie / Denim pencil skirt - Lane Bryant

This outfit has been a long time coming, the pieces of which were inspired by Kendi. I've just loved the floral and olive jacket pairing so much that I simply had to recreate it. The fashion gods thus smiled upon my quest when I came upon a single size of this top in the sale room at Anthropologie - and t'was my size! Fate, people. Fate. The olive jackets I have in number, so that one was easy. I only decided to go with a skirt in this iteration because 1) tucked-in shirts only look good on me when worn with skirts and 2) I had performances this morning and I wanted to be a little dressier than jeans. So, this dressy denim skirt fit the bill nicely instead.

Ring - Limited / Handbag - Tano "Minilisa" in Blue Marine (musthavebag.com)

I must admit that I first donned boots this morning, but I really only did so because I hadn't, er, shaved in a while... I had the chance to pop home for lunch, so I took the opportunity to shave then. (I would have needed to do so tonight or tomorrow morning anyway, so I'm glad I got it out of the way!) I promise you that these little peep too flats are much cuter and more flattering.

Belt - Kohl's (?) / Peep toes - Payless / Earrings - LOFT

Until my next post (whenever that might be?) I just want to thank all my readers, new and old, quiet or outspoken, for bearing with me! Your kind words keep me keepin' on!

2 comments:

  1. You always look so put together! I love your twist on Kendi's look, the skirt and peep toes look just as great as her jeans! I was wondering where you got to, I always look forward to your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely blouse and jacket, you are always creative with your outfits, i really like it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Reading what you have to say truly makes my day!