Monday, December 31, 2012

To the New!


This holiday season has been a whirlwind of good things all around. Engagement, birthday, Christmas with family, outings with friends visiting from out of state. So much to celebrate as I close out 2012 and ring in 2013! And it wouldn't be a proper celebration without a great dress (thank you Kiyonna!) and all the trimmings. And a frosty winter's night background that somehow complements it all perfectly.

Betsey Ruched Dress  - c/o Kiyonna / Shoes - Kelsi Dagger / Coat - Larry Levine

Truth be told, Bob and I have gone back and forth about how we wanted to welcome the new year. In many ways, our engagement only just 2 weeks ago has brought us so much excitement that there doesn't seem to be any way to make the end of the year much better! We have forgone our traditional NYE/anniversary meal at our favorite local restaurant in favor of Potbelly sandwiches and cookies (our bank accounts need the reprieve after so much holiday spending anyway) while Bob clears out the DVR and I whip up this blog post. (Full disclosure: the party gear, complete with Spanx, was donned earlier for the photo shoot and now lies in wait...while I've spent the last few hours relaxing in comfies.) Instead, we'll venture out late to share a bottle of wine and the festivities of downtown just in time for the stroke of midnight. Mother Nature brought plenty of snow, so I just know the sights will be lovely (even if the sidewalks aren't...)

Clutch - ? / Earrings - Anniversary gift / Necklace - LOFT / Ring - Banana Republic
Nails - Essie "Waltz" and OPI "Mauve-ie Star in Making"

But here's the kicker. I'm all dressed up with places to go, looking and feeling fabulous, but that's not even what excites me tonight. What excites me most is the fact that I've been blessed with such a wonderful partner in life - and now for life - to share it all with. We'll start the new year together, with so many more wonderful things (and the not-so wonderful, too) to look forward to.


I hope all of you will start off the new year in ways that make YOU the happiest!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!


9 comments:

  1. Beautiful dress & accessories! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look stunning. The cut of the dress is perfect for you and the earrings are gorgeous. Beautiful you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year and CONGRATS on your engagement! That dress is also incredible-color, fit, everything!

    Fleur de Lyss

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look lovely. congrats on your engagement!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was stalking Kiyonna and thought of you and realized that I hadn't seen you pop up in my reader. I missed these last two posts. Wonderful news! You and your beau look very happy. Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where have you gone? I miss your wonderful outfits! Hope all is well with you and your fiance. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I miss you....come back

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are you ever coming back?

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a great color! My favorite! And the shape of the dress is amazing. Great pick!


    -Mia
    www.msmiamaree.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Reading what you have to say truly makes my day!